We have a designated ‘Kitchen’ area where children have access to fresh filtered cool water at all times.
Our Snack Bar is supervised by a member of staff at all times and is open throughout the session. The area seats a maximum of five children with an adult to ensure social sharing and learning happens in a natural and supported way.
To support your child’s language, communication and social skills, manners, confidence, self awareness and independence
Your child will access the snack bar independently following a routine:
- Collect name card from the registration board
- Take it to the snack bar and wash their hands
- Collect plate/bowl and cup and sit at snack table
- Choose drink from milk or water and where possible, pour independently
- Choose snack from a range of healthy foods
To give your child ownership of choice, make healthy choices, be independent and confident.
We adapt our snack bar routine to accommodate ‘special’ events.